Sweet potatoes – not just for Thanksgiving! They are a MUST have in my food prep regimen, and soon they will be in yours too!
You could say I have a mild obsession with sweet potatoes. These delicious little root vegetables can be added to any dish morning, noon or night to add natural sweetness, color, and texture. They are a fantastic carb source filled with antioxidants and are also known for their anti-inflammatory & blood-sugar regulating qualities. It’s a win-win for sweet potatoes!
Sweet Potatoes in Bulk[print-me do_not_print=".emoji"]
- 6 large garnet yams or sweet potatoes (3 for plain potatoes/3 for fall inspired potatoes)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat oven to 500 – yes that’s hot but potatoes take a while to cook
- Cover two separate baking sheets with foil and spray with coconut oil
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes (you can leave the peel on as well, it’s up to you)
- Take half the batch and place on one baking sheet
- Put other half in large bowl and mix with 2 egg whites and pumpkin spice – toss potatoes until they are completely covered with mixture – the egg whites will make the potatoes slightly crispy as they’re baking….yummy!
- Place pumpkin spice flavored potatoes on 2nd baking sheet
- Bake both in oven for 15-20min
- Check tenderness when time is up – if more time is needed flip with spatula and bake for another 15min
- Let cool on stovetop and get your containers ready!
THE INSIDE JOB: containers to use, how long it lasts, how much to prep, mistakes not to make, how to add custom flavor….etc.
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!