Sweet potatoes – not just for Thanksgiving! They are a MUST have in my food prep regimen, and soon they will be in yours too!
You could say I have a mild obsession with sweet potatoes. These delicious little root vegetables can be added to any dish morning, noon or night to add natural sweetness, color, and texture. They are a fantastic carb source filled with antioxidants and are also known for their anti-inflammatory & blood-sugar regulating qualities. It’s a win-win for sweet potatoes!
Sweet Potatoes in Bulk
- 6 large garnet yams or sweet potatoes (3 for plain potatoes/3 for fall inspired potatoes)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat oven to 500 – yes that’s hot but potatoes take a while to cook
- Cover two separate baking sheets with foil and spray with coconut oil
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes (you can leave the peel on as well, it’s up to you)
- Take half the batch and place on one baking sheet
- Put other half in large bowl and mix with 2 egg whites and pumpkin spice – toss potatoes until they are completely covered with mixture – the egg whites will make the potatoes slightly crispy as they’re baking….yummy!
- Place pumpkin spice flavored potatoes on 2nd baking sheet
- Bake both in oven for 15-20min
- Check tenderness when time is up – if more time is needed flip with spatula and bake for another 15min
- Let cool on stovetop and get your containers ready!
THE INSIDE JOB: containers to use, how long it lasts, how much to prep, mistakes not to make, how to add custom flavor….etc.
- Bake sweet potatoes on your prep day so they’re readily available for meals throughout the week.
- Don’t be scared to make more than you think you’ll need, you can always vacuum seal and freeze the extras. Best investment ever was my Food Saver!
- I love these containers from Crate & Barrel
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!