Healthy sweet potato soufflé
Still panicking about what bring for Thanksgiving dinner? Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. Sweet potato side dishes are an absolute staple item on dinner tables this time of year but often they are full of butter and topped with mini marshmallows. What?! I never quite understood that but whatevs. If it floats your boat then by all means keep that tradition alive.
I started making this “cleaned up” version of a traditional sweet potato soufflé a few years ago and it was a complete hit. Now the secret will be out that it’s not as unhealthy as it tastes!
SWEET POTATO SOUFFLÉ[print-me do_not_print=".emoji"]
- Yield: Serves 6
- Cook Time:
By all means double or triple this recipe for large family gatherings!
Sweet potato soufflé that’s way healthier than it tastes!
SWEET POTATO INGREDIENTS
- 4 Large peeled sweet potato or red yams (approx 2 lbs)
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Tspn Coconut Oil
- 2 Tspn Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tspn Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Roasted Pecans
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with spray oil of your choice.
- Peel & boil sweet potatoes until soft, approx 15-20 min
- While potatoes are boiling, toss all topping ingredients together in a small bowl and mix thoroughly
- Once potatoes are cooked, place in large bowl and start mashing! I find it easiest to use a hand mixer to get them nice and smooth.
- Slowly blend in egg whites, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt
- Pour and smooth sweet potato mixture into your greased baking dish.
- Distribute topping evenly and bake for 35-40 min until topping has a golden slightly crunchy texture.
Calories – 189
Carbs –31 g
Protein – 4g
Fat – 5g
If you are logging this recipe into MyFitnessPal, I have entered the entire recipe already for our convenience. You can find it by searching "Nicole Darabi’s SWEET POTATO SOUFFLÉ".
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!