Raise your hand if you like nachos! If you didn’t, what is WRONG with you?! Maybe I can change your mind with this interesting escape from what we traditionally think of when we hear “nachos.” One bite and I guarantee you’ll taste every flavor imaginable! My Mom was my official taste tester the day I played around with this recipe and judging by the look on her face, my healthy take on nachos won her over instantly. I wiped my hands on my dishtowel and thought, “my work here is done” Haha!
Although this is a departure from my normal “bulk” recipe format, it’s an easy way to whip up a quick and satisfying snack or dinner to share with your family.
Sweet Potato Nachos[print-me do_not_print=".emoji"]
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cook Time:
High protein sweet potato nachos
- 8oz cooked ground chicken breast (seasoned with Cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt/pepper to preferred taste)
- 3/4 package Terra Sweet Potato chips
- 1/2 cup Daiya Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup rinsed black beans
- 1 champagne mango
- 2oz cubed avocado
- jalepenos sliced (preference on heat)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- bell pepper (any color)
- fresh lime juice (Come to Momma!)
- Buy chips. haha! I was feeling lazy this particular day. If you feel like you want to slice sweet potatoes to make your own chips, by all means, have at it!
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Fully cook ground chicken on stovetop with cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt/pepper.
- While chicken is cooking spread about 3/4 of the bag of chips over an oven safe plate and sprinkle cheese.
- Warm chips and cheese in oven until cheese melts to your liking. Remember this is vegan cheese so sometimes it can take a little longer than normal to melt.
- While chips are in oven & chicken is cooking rinse beans, slice, mango, avocado, jalepeno, bell pepper, limes, and cilantro.
- By this time chips + chicken should be cooked -and that only means one thing: Nacho time! Toss on chicken, garnishes and mass amounts of lime if you’r obsessed like me!
Calories – 397
Carbs – 36g
Protein – 20g
Fat – 18g
If you are logging this recipe into MyFitnessPal, I have entered the entire recipe already for our convenience. You can find it by searching "Nicole Darabi’s Sweet Potato Nachos".
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!