Pumpkin season isn’t over just yet! Try this version of my protein muffins….you won’t be sorry!
Pumpkin Pecan Protein Muffins
- Yield: 8 servings 3 muffins/serving
- You’ll need 2 muffin tins
- 4 cups quick cook oatmeal – can use Gluten free if needed
- Trader Joe’s Spray Coconut Oil
- 3 boxes or 6 Cups cage free liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 full droppers of Pumpkin Spice stevia – substitute vanilla stevia if you don’t have pumpkin spice stevia and be sure to add extra pumpkin pie spice powder for flavor. Don’t forget you’re making a large batch and need flavor!
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Organic pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice -season to your liking
- Cinnamon – cover the top of the Vitamix
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 pecans per muffin
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees
- Measure 4 cups of dry oatmeal in Vitamix www.vitamix.com
- Pour 3 boxes (or 6 cups) of liquid egg whites into Vitamix – You can also use a blender but may have to cut the recipe in half because of size difference
- Measure stevia, vanilla extract, and baking powder, add to blender
- add applesauce, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice
- Put lid on & blend on high for a couple of minutes
- While that is mixing… Thoroughly grease muffin tin with Trader Joe’s Spray coconut oil – you will have enough batter to fill each cup to the top and you don’t want them to stick!
- Drop in pecans
- Bake 28 min – I’ve mastered these muffins and 28 minutes seems to be the perfect cook time for fluffy muffins but ovens do vary so make a note about yours for next time.
- Let cool – When cool, muffins should easily come out of tin – put 3 muffins in each ziplock bag.
Macro count // 3 Muffins per serving
Calories – 307
Carbs – 33g
Protein – 20g
If you are logging this recipe into MyFitnessPal, I have entered the entire recipe already for our convenience. You can find it by searching "Nicole Darabi’s Pumpkin Pecan Protein Muffins".
THE INSIDE JOB: containers to use, how long it lasts, how much to prep, mistakes not to make, how to add custom flavor….etc.
- Ziplock baggies baby! Easy to store in the fridge, takes up less space than glass Tupperware. Easy to grab and go and toss or reuse the ziplock after. Can eat them cold on the go or reheat for 45 seconds in microwave…never reheat in plastic!
- Will last 5-6 days in fridge or months in the freezer
- Do not over cook – mix ingredients well -Remember you’re making 8 servings so be sure to use enough extract and stevia for flavor because they contain no added sugar.
- Can exchange any type of frozen fruit you want
- Can use greek yogurt to soften instead of applesauce
- sub out different types of stevia for alternate flavor
- LOVE my Vitamix blender! It’s perfect for making large batches of muffins & soups amongst other things. www.vitamix.com
If you like this recipe, then you might like this one too…
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!