Add this deconstructed taco recipe to your food prep repertoire. It’s fast and extremely easy to assemble for those times when you’re short on time and you need a quick food prep session.
We all love tacos (right?) but taco shells and tortillas can be a pain to deal with when transporting your food from home to work during the week. This easy deconstructed taco recipe has been one of my tried and true go to’s since my competition days and hasn’t been kicked off our food prep menu yet. I guess that means it’s a keeper! Hopefully you’ll be as obsessed as we’ve been. 😉
- Yield: Roughly 10 meals
- Cook Time:
Get ready to add a little calienté to your meal prep routine!
- 3 lbs 99% fat free ground turkey
- Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine or brown rice – You will need few bags depending on your serving size
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 each – red, yellow, green, orange bell pepper
- 1-2 packages cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa of your choice
- 3 limes
- 1 tbsp each (more or less based on your preference) – garlic salt, Cumin, Cayenne, Paprika, Chili Powder
- Preheat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Once warm, drop in ground turkey and season with Garlic salt, Cumin, Cayenne, paprika, chili powder, and mix.
- While the turkey is cooking begin microwaving bags of frozen rice one by one.
- In the interim start chopping cilantro, tomatoes, and limes. My bell peppers were already pre-cut from a previous food prep session wink wink. 😉 http://nicoledarabi.com/sweet-potato-hash/
- When the turkey and rice are fully prepared get your containers and measuring tools out and get ready to assemble your lunches for the week!
- I prefer to layer this meal like so: Rice, turkey, peppers, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, with fresh cut limes on the side.
Serving size roughly: 4oz turkey & 1/2 cup rice
Calories – 306
Carbs – 39 g
Protein –31 g
Fat – 3g
If you are logging this recipe into MyFitnessPal, I have entered the entire recipe already for our convenience. You can find it by searching "Nicole Darabi’s Deconstructed Taco".
THE INSIDE JOB: containers to use, how long it lasts, how much to prep, mistakes not to make, how to add custom flavor….etc.
This meal tastes great from day 1 to day 5, especially if you squeeze fresh lime over the dish!
You’ll notice I have two different types of containers photographed. I tend to eat my lunches cold while my husband likes to warm his up hence the reason for the glass containers. There’s a wide variety of containers to choose from!https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=food+prep+containers&sprefix=food+prep%2Caps%2C210
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!