Aren’t some of the best recipes the ones that come from throwing a bunch of random ingredients from your fridge together? One thing I’ve learned from my years of meal prepping is that you don’t always need to have each meal perfectly measured and prepped ahead of time. Many times we have bulk ingredients pre-cooked in our fridge just waiting to be apart of a last minute creative masterpiece. Well, okay maybe you wouldn’t consider this a masterpiece but it’s damn delicious!
Chicken, Quinoa, Lentil Bowl!
- Yield: Serves 4
- Cook Time:
Pro Tip!: Double the recipe to make a massive meal prep out of it!
- If you already have prepped chicken you need 10oz for this recipe. If not cook up roughly 12oz to account for shrinkage during the cooking process. 😉
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Pre-cooked Lentils (Hello!!!)
- 1 cup Garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup previously quinoa
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- 10 cherry tomatos
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 tbsp Badio Sazon – if you don’t have Sazon you can use adobo or saffron, along with sea salt, pepper, and paprika.
FYI, this recipe was constructed of items that were mostly pre-cooked and hanging out in my fridge. So if you have them already prepped great!
If not that’s okay! Here’s how I would time and prep everything.
- Start by cooking the item that will take the longest. In this case the chicken. Lightly season with garlic powder and toss on the BBQ or bake in the oven until internal temp reaches 165 degrees roughly 25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking boil 2 cups water on stovetop for the quinoa. While you’re waiting for the water to boil toss pre-cooked lentils into the microwave for 3 min. So easy!
- Once water is boiling on stovetop add 1 cup of quinoa on med-high until moisture is absorbed. 10-15 min.
- While all those items are cooking open a can of garbanzos, drain liquid, and rinse beans. Chop kale and tomatoes so they’re ready to go.
- Spray large sauté pan with fat free cooking spray.
- When chicken, quinoa, and lentils are all cooked dump ALL ingredients into one large sauté pan.
- Sauté on low for 10 minutes to marry the flavors.
- Serve immediately or divide into 4 meal prep containers for lunches or dinners.
Calories – 288
Carbs – 41g
Protein – 27 g
Fat – 6g>
If you are logging this recipe into MyFitnessPal, I have entered the entire recipe already for our convenience. You can find it by searching "Nicole Darabi’s Chicken, Quinoa, Lentil Bowl!".
Remember, it’s YOU vs. YOU!
Follow Nicole Darabi on Instagram and show me what recipes you are making from my blog! Use the hashtag #nicoledarabirecipes so that I can see what you are making in your kitchen!